Monday, May 23, 2011

Geelong - the trilogy

Well this is my last post on Geelong and my stay in Melbourne. I couldn't go to Melbourne without a taste of the shops so Tam, Jojo, Phia and I headed into the city for a day trip. We stayed around Gertrude and Brunswick Streets visiting some of my favourite shops including Third Drawer Down and Douglas and Hope. Nothing is as satisfying as whiling away some hours in visually stimulating and creative environments. Melbourne shops excell at that, particularly the ones in Brunswick Street.

I love this graffiti I found near Third Drawer Down....



We interspersed shopping with playing in the park with these childsize Matryoshka dolls....




....and the most divine gorgonzola and pear pizza with extremely moreish fries at the Little Creatures Dining Hall. Their beer was pretty good too!




Jojo took this photo. Nice angle, composition....


Mmmmmm hops....


Mmmmmm toys...


Back in Geelong, these images caught my eye on our daily walks round Tam and Damo's neighbourhood....


Paper sculpture window decorations in the local pizza bar....



Geelong street art


How lovely to live on Hope Street!


The local park just a few minutes up the road....

Fun times in the park....



The loveliest ladies in Geelong on their front porch....



Fun and games in the afternoon!
This was our car, truck, boat, island where we had many adventures....


We caught some fish and they were this big!!


My holiday had to come to an end and I was feeling sad at leaving Melbourne when this image at Melbourne Airport caught my eye. It made me feel proud to be a New Zealander and it was a nice thought to take home with me. Thanks Australia. In that spirit of mateship - I'll be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails