Friday, July 2, 2010

classy cocktails

Beth recently celebrated her 25th birthday. I still find it hard to believe that my gorgeous, bubbly, baby Bethie is a grown up, beautiful, sophisticated, amazing woman. I am in awe of her - her drive, her creativity and sense of who she is. She inspires me.
25 is such a milestone and can also seem a little overwhelming in the grown up/adult stakes so Beth wanted to celebrate her 25th birthday with style. We had a very classy cocktail party at my place. Being Beth's party - it was well organised, planned, styled and executed!! It was the perfect occasion for Beth and I to bring out our vintage cut glass, crystal and china. The food was simple and elegant. The flowers were lovely, showing off the white vases to best effect. I love how my Crown Lynn swan looks with Beth's arrangement. I haven't been brave enough to use it myself!
The cocktails were amazing. We had jugs of mojitos and a vodka, orange and ginger cocktail...... and a martini bar! Beth wrote the recipe on my queen blackboard so people could mix their own martinis with all the trimmings. And apparently stirring (not shaking) a martini releases the flavours properly. So there James Bond!
 So a birthday celebrated with panache and style. Happy Birthday, baby!

Photos sourced from Stacy McIvor and Beth Peters

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! (Specially...actually just everything!!!!) Happy Birthday Beth you hot thing!!!!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails