Wednesday, April 14, 2010

matakana

Last Saturday morning I headed out of Auckland up to the Farmers Market at Matakana. It's such a great feeling to be on a road trip on a lovely day. As I arrived in Matakana it was bustling! There were people everywhere. Before I headed into the market I went for a wander....
The Farmers Market operates every Saturday morning and draws huge crowds of people. They do not disappoint. Everything is locally produced. Freshly picked and prepared. You are so spoilt for choice. I feasted on a delicious breakfast of polenta, figs and plums with a dash of cream. Amazing!! It melted in my mouth! The markets are a visual and literal feast....


While the Farmers Market is full of fresh produce and food, there are great vintage finds at the stalls by Matakana House. I spent ages perusing the unusual array of objects on display. Where else could you purchase old nets, floats and anchors? I wasn't really in the market for them. My purchases included two vintage blankets (for cushions), some old rose prints, 1960's Kiwi Bacon playing cards, NZ souvenir teaspoons and embroidered tray cloths. All in amazing condition and at bargain prices.Check out the market for yourself. It's a satisfying way to spend a Saturday. Delicious treats for the body and visual treats for the eye....


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails